Hello! I am happy you are here! Today I want to talk about how to get beautiful photos of your rings at your wedding! With over a decade of experience working weddings, I have picked up so many helpful tips over the years. I want to teach you some helpful tips and tricks to make sure you are prepared to get the beautiful ring portraits you have been dreaming of! Below are my top five tips for creating beautiful portraits of your rings for your wedding day!
- Before your big day, make sure to have your rings cleaned professionally or carefully done by yourself. The morning of your wedding make sure you are not wearing your engagement ring while you get ready, hairspray, lotion, and makeup can make for smudges. It’s best to keep your ring away while all of the primping is happening the morning of your wedding to make sure your ring stays fresh, sparkling and clean.
- To help soften the harshness of the metal on your rings, I like to add in extra florals from your florist, some natural elements I find outside, or a corner of your wedding bouquet peeking through. Your rings should be the star of the show, but bringing in other elements to soften the image always looks beautiful.
- If you have any beaded bags or shawls, they can be a beautiful addition to photos of your rings. Using your grandmothers clutch is a great way to incorporate sentimental value and texture.
- An Ipad or iPhone screen can make for an interesting reflective surface. Depending on the light, sometimes the glass top of the table can do the same! This more modern look showcasing the reflection of your rings is beautiful.
- Using elements from your venue, church or getting ready location is a nice way to incorporate more of the story of your wedding day into your images. Using these unique elements in your ring photos is a great way to showcase a little personality and fun into your wedding album!
For your wedding, don’t be afraid to bring a few items you fell your photographer can use. They may or may not work, but it’s better to be prepared! Fabrics and items with texture, beading, or sentimental items are the perfect addition to add to your gallery of images. Thank you for reading about how to get beautiful photos of your rings at your wedding!
How to get beautiful photos of your rings at your wedding!