Birthday Cake Smash | South Jersey Photographer | Long Beach Island Photographer |10 Tips for childrens photos
Beau turned one this summer! We were able to head to one of my favorite beaches on LBI. The entire family came and we were able to get some amazing group shots before this handsome guy dove into his cake.
Beau’s mom actually made his amazing little outfit and ordered that great sign off Etsy! This session went smooth with no issues. Here are some tips and tricks from a professional photographer (me!) on how YOUR session can go just as smooth!
1. Schedule your session around nap times. This is imperative!
2. Most photos are done around sunset make sure your child has dinner FIRST. Many families want to go out to eat after, but kids are cranky by then!
3. Bring snacks that dont make a mess and they can have one at a time.
4. Wipes, wipes ad more wipes!
5. Don’t force it. You may have a certain photo in mind but your child isn’t into it. Keep the kiddos happy.
6. DONT try and make your little one smile. Let the photographer handle that. Often the child smiles and then you were the one not looking because you were paying attention to them!
7. Don’t bring an entourage. One person to help is fine. It becomes overwhelming.
8. If you want an outfit change have what you can layered under what they are already wearing.
9. Bribery of ice cream or a trip to the park are acceptable and often needed!
10. PLAN. If you want and awesome pinterest styled shoot, think ahead and bring some cool items!